It is recommended that you make changes in small increments and test the results after each change.
Sue Center itself cannot be running while doing the configurations below. If it is you will be notified of this.
Start the configuration program from the shortcut on the desktop. The dialog looks like this:
At the bottom there are two buttons for when you're done:
- The user's short name. It will appear in the title bar of most dialogs.
- My Documents
- This is the full pathname of the "My Documents" folder. Files are exported here when choosing Browse-More-MyDocs.
- My Pictures
- Pictures received by email are copied here for printing or other use by able-bodied helpers.
- MailMe Server - Include Nudes
- Shall artistic nudes be part of the offerings in MailMe Pictures?
- MailMe Server - Large Pics
- If you have a fast connection and machine you can select this and some of the pictures may be larger.
- Match Game Revert
- How long (in milliseconds) should an incorrect match be shown before reverting to blanks?
- U after Q
- Should U be automatically be supplied after Q?
- Geo Delay
- How many milliseconds should Sue Center delay before positioning the geometry of new dialogs? Increase this value if the window placement doesn't seem right.
- Use Proxies for Spell Check and Thesaurus
- If the spell checker and thesaurus don't work for some reason check this option. It will work again but may be a bit slower.
- Remote Scan Delay
- When the infrared remote is doing a scan how many seconds should it pause between scans?
- Weather Report - Zip Code
- What is your zip code? This is the default when getting weather reports with 'MW'.
- Weather Report - Metric Measurements
- Should degrees be in Centigrade or Fahrenheit?
- Area Code for Skype
- Your U.S. area code for use in making phone calls by Skype.
- Month First
- In dates does the month come first?
- Alarm Interval
- When an alarm repeats how many seconds should you pause before playing it again?
- 12 Hour
- Should times be displayed in 12 hour format?
- Letters (and words) are selected by pausing over them.
- Highlight on Enter
- Letters are highlighted as you move over them.
- Letters can be selected by clicking on them.
- Speak on Choosing
- When a letter is chosen it is audibly spoken as well.
- Email Settings
- Full Name
- Your full name. It will be used in email headers.
- The outgoing SMTP server.
- Email Address
- Your full email address.
- Sending Password
- If authorization is needed supply the sending user's password.
- The port for reaching the SMTP server. Normally 25 but sometimes it is 50 or 587.
- Should authorization be used?
- Is your incoming server POP3 or IMAP?
- The domain of the incoming server.
- User Name
- The user name - sometimes it needs to be the full email address.
- The password. It is shown here.
At the bottom is a button labeled "Send and Receive Test Email" to test the email settings you just entered.
Note that Sue Center cannot connect to servers that require a secure connection with SSL (Secure Socket Layer). This includes, unfortunately, yahoo.com and gmail.com. If your ISP requires SSL contact me and I'll set up a free email account for you at suecenter.org.
Most of the items here are self-explanatory.
- Max Words, Words Width
- This is for the word list on the main screen.
- Command Width
- This sets the width for the Clear, DelW, Faster, Slower at the top, and Speak, Browse, File, Email at the bottom.
Fonts in this area are specified like this:
Arial 20 normal Times 13 boldNot much more to add.
- Use ALLCAPS for Browse text.
- Should all letters in the browse area be converted to CAPITALS?
The interface language is for the menus, prompts, and help. You can have word lists from other languages available. You cycle through them by choosing 'Lang'. This allows replying to French emails in French and English emails in English.